The following databases have been added to the library web site:
• Bio Med (Central) provides access to 199 peer-reviewed open access journals in all aspects of biomedical research
• Book Review Index Plus was formerly a print resource and is now available online. It provides access to reviews of books in over 600 journals. Coverage goes back to 1965.
• Columbia International Affairs Online is, according to their online description, “the most comprehensive source for theory and research in international affairs. It publishes a wide range of scholarship from 1991 onward that includes working papers from university research institutes, occasional papers series from NGOs, foundation-funded research projects, proceedings from conferences, books, journals and policy briefs.”
• Early Republic database contains the seventeen volumes of primary material documenting the actions, debates, and thoughts of the First Federal Congress and its members that were collected by the First Federal Congress Project (FFCP) and published by the Johns Hopkins University Press.
• Essay & General Literature Index was formerly a print resource and is now available online. It provides access to essays contained in nearly 7000 anthologies and collections. Coverage goes back to 1985.
• Literature Online Index provides access to more than 350,000 English and American literary works in full-text (and to Anglo-Saxon and Middle English texts as well). It also provides literary criticism, in both journals and complete reference books, on authors and works contained in the database.
• RILM Abstract of Music Literature is an online index of scholarship on music from all over the world. Short descriptions of journal articles are available.
• Short Story Index was also formerly a print resource which is now available online. It gives the publication information (names and dates of books, journals and magazines) for short stories back to 1994. 4000 short stories are available in full-text.
We now have ten concurrent users for the Mergent database.
New ebooks include Classical & Medieval Literary Criticism and Literary Criticism 1400-1800. These resources are part of the Gale literary criticism series in our reference collection. We have volumes 1-111 and 1-164 respectively in print. The current and subsequent volumes will be available online. Ebooks available soon are the New Catholic Encyclopedia and Children’s Literature Review.